Another fantastic song, by an unknown band, Stephane TV.
I’m not saying it was easy.
But, I was determined that I was going to get my work out there.
So what did I do to get my current total video view of almost 18k? I’ll tell you more below.
Now, some of you may be sitting there saying, “Thats easy, I could easily get 100,000 hits if i posted the right video”.
I dont disagree. I could have done that too, if I had re posted Gangnam Style, or rehashed a trailer of Die Hard or created a response video to Charlie bit my finger. Instead, I chose to create my own content based on what stories or facts I wanted to tell or share. That is when it becomes difficult to get your videos viewed and get yourself known.
So whats the big secret? No secret, just some simple steps…
1. Create quality content that is interesting and between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long. Review an app, review a movie or film a fast, intense action scene. Get straight to the point and make it visually exciting. Learn more about this, here.
2. Similar to your blog, upload videos often, but don’t overload your viewers. If your audience enjoys your videos, they will want to see steady, continuous content from you. If possible, pick a day that will be your upload day and stick to it. Your audience will soon get to know your upload day and be ready to view your new video.
3. Return the favour and take time out to watch other YouTubers videos. Watch, share, like and comment. This is the real saving grace of your YouTube channel and videos. By taking the time out and showing an interest in other peoples work, means they will soon do the same. Don’t underestimate how important this part is.
4. Create a Facebook fan page in relation to your YouTube channel. If you have Twitter, link it to your Facebook page. Then, share your videos. In time, when looking at your video stats, you will notice traffic coming from your social media sites.
5. Don’t give up. You will only get better and your video content can only improve.
“Thats it??” I hear some of you say.
“Pretty much” I say.
The above 5 points may seem obvious or vague. However, you will be amazed at the amount of people that think making a half baked video and posting it onto YouTube means 10 million views. Like anything else in life, you have to work and work hard for it.
I have religiously lived by the above five points for many years. I have Experimented with them, tweaked them and tried other methods. But, just like your Blog, if you write interesting content, interact with your readers and post often, you gradually build a loyal following.